Why Choose MTCES?
Excellence in Education
- Through a challenging, well-rounded curriculum that prepares MTCES students for high school and beyond, students develop the skills necessary to be critical thinkers, thoughtful writers, and skilled problem solvers.
- MTCES was named a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence in 2018. This honor recognizes schools with a commitment to educational excellence for every student.
- 100% of our faculty are licensed through the Ohio Department of Education. Over 50% hold a Masters Degree. Every teacher is committed to continuous improvement and growth through continued education and ongoing professional development.
- MTCES offers support services to help all students reach their full potential. The Student Support Services team includes three intervention specialists, two reading specialists, a speech language pathologist, and two school counselors. Additionally, every grade level team is supported by at least one instructional aide.
- Opened in 2022, the St. Teresa of Calcutta Chapel is the centerpiece of MTCES. Located just steps from the entrance to the school, the 75 seat chapel allows for grade levels or smaller groups to gather for prayer, adoration, or Mass. The generosity of our community and donors has brought the true presence of Christ, through the Eucharist, home to reside at MTCES.
- Each morning, the entire MTCES school community joins together in the gym to begin our day with prayer and to celebrate birthdays. In addition, special intentions are shared, our weekly scripture verse is recited, and throughout the year various “Saints of the Day” are presented by 8th grade student leaders.
- MTCES has a Campus Minister who works with students to plan, lead, and participate in Mass twice a month and on Holy Days. The Campus Minister also plans and facilitates various prayer services, Reconciliation, and retreats throughout the year for both students and staff members. MTCES students have the opportunity to serve as lectors, Eucharistic Ministers, altar servers and are involved in Music Ministry.
- MTCES students participate in an annual school wide retreat, Seder Meal activity, student-led Rosary during October and May, and Stations of the Cross during Lent.
- Walking in the footsteps of Mother Teresa, Students are encouraged to share love with those most in need. MTCES students are involved in various outreach programs including food drives for Reach Out Lakota and the Random Acts of Kindness Club. Student Council also chooses different charities to support monthly through their Wacky Wednesdays. An annual all school service project is also held during Catholic Schools Week and the 5th grade sponsors Socktober each fall.
- At MTCES our families are the foundation of our past, present, and future. MTCES families have set our foundation and have molded MTCES into what it is today.
- Volunteerism is at the heart of our school community. Involvement of our school families not only builds our community, but helps keep tuition costs down.
- Each day our school community is reminded to LIVE THE NAME in the spirit of Mother Teresa and demonstrate for others what it means to be an MTCES Volunteer.